Criminal Record

DUI vs. DWI: What’s the Difference?

by Law Guru April 3, 2013 Criminal Law

As if getting slapped with a DUI is not bad enough, navigating the maze of legal stuff related to an impaired driving charge can be quite a nightmare. It is easy to become confused over the various fines and penalties, knowing what rights are applicable and how a DUI case should best be handled. One […]

Read the full blawg post →

Are Juvenile DUI Penalties Really Sealed?

by Law Guru March 21, 2013 Criminal Law

Drunk driving is more than a safety hazard or a bad idea. It’s against the law. Although legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels vary by jurisdiction – meaning that the amount of alcohol considered “over the legal limit” depends on the state in which the DUI was committed —stricter statutes are in place across the […]

Read the full blawg post →

Sealing a Juvenile Criminal Record

by zizinya March 2, 2013 Criminal Record

(US criminal law) If you have any convictions on your record that you received as a juvenile, you may be able to wipe them away by seeking to seal, or expunge, those convictions. Sealing juvenile court records is great in that it will allow you to tell such people as landlords, employers or licensing agencies […]

Read the full blawg post →

What To Expect On Probation

by JoelHeiligmanLaw December 3, 2012 Criminal Defence Lawyers

Probation is a sentencing given by judge for a crime that’s been committed. It’s not to be taken lightly. Although it is in lieu of jail time, it doesn’t excuse the crime you’ve committed. If you have committed a crime you still need to be rehabilitated, so make sure you know what to expect of […]

Read the full blawg post →

What Will I Face With A Criminal Record?

by scott Byer October 25, 2012 Criminal Law

When someone is unfortunate enough to obtain a criminal record or a criminal background, they develop a list of negative things that most people are under the assumption is going to follow them around for the rest of their lives. Expunging your record is one way that you can get a pardon on my criminal […]

Read the full blawg post →